Zulily is a daily deals site for moms, babies and kids which sells clothes, shoes, toys, products for the home.
Based out of Seattle, WA, Zulily provides moms, babies, and kids with daily deals on a wide variety of brands in categories such as women’s and children’s clothing, toys, housewares, and more. The company was founded in 2009, and has seen a significant amount of growth ever since.
Zulily holds an A rating with the Better Business Bureau, based on 93 closed complaints within the past three years. Based on our research, the company appears to have a mixed online reputation, with the most common complaints being substandard customer service, slow shipping, being billed for items twice, and poor quality merchandise. With this said, it appears Zulily is diligent in addressing any customer complaints and quickly solving their issues.
How it works
Zulily claims to “search far and wide” for the best deals, which change on a daily basis. In other words, one day you may find great deals on educational products, while the next day it may be focused on eco-friendly items. In order to begin receiving daily emails, you’ll need to sign up, which only involves entering your first and last names, your email address, and choosing a password. However, once you decide to purchase an item, you’ll also need to enter shipping and billing addresses, as well as payment information.
– Daily events/sales that feature a wide variety of products and brands.
– Email alerts that provide insight into upcoming events.
– Zulily offers a wide variety of brands across numerous categories.
– The ability to earn $15 for every friend you refer.
– The company appears to address customer complaints quickly.
– Primarily intended for women and children (very few men’s products).
– Mixed online reviews, with some customers having complained of substandard customer service, slow shipping, being billed for items twice, and poor quality merchandise.
– Vague return/refund policy.